Thursday, November 29, 2007

Let's start this with a bang

OK, I have plenty of things that just pick my ass and this is where I'm going to vent them. Sure half the world won't give a shit, but their opinion doesn't really count now.

So it is the day after VANOC announced the mascots for the 2010 olympics here in Vancouver, Canada. For the benefit of those who are not familiar with Canada and our customs here is my rant.

1 - No we do not live in fucking igloo's
2 - The inucshuk (or however the fuck it is spelled) does not represent ANYTHING British Columbia. It is purely an Eskimo thing.... Oh ya it is politically incorrect to call them Eskimo's They are Innuit.

3 - That brings up another thing about Canadian... We are a bunch of politically correct pansy assed pussies who are afraid to stand for what we believe in. Hense the relacement of Christmas celebrations with Fucking Diwali.

4 - Oh ya speaking of the total lack of culture, check out these creatures we call mascots. Apparently the bastard spawn of Pokemon and Hello Kitty with a spashing of what is supposed to be Indian (North American) is supposed to represent what we are all about. At least the Touque wearing beer belly adorning Marmot named Muck Muck (Which also means Cum) represents a little but of what we are about. But of course he only plays 4th fiddle to the Pokekitty spawn. I guess that is what they get for hiring a designer with the last name Wong.

5 - Oh ya, if that wasn't enough to make every Canadian shake their heads in disbelief, Quatchi is slang for Horny. A combination of Quivering and Crotch, Quatchi is the quivering feeling you get in your crotch when you get sexually excited. OK, at least that is abit funny.

6 - Since when is this the aboriginal games? I think that is what we are calling them now, when I was a kid it was drunks (At least the ones I knew of.) Yes it is unfortunate stereotypes happen, fact of the matter is, VANOC is making things worse by emphasing differences in cultures. Personally, I feel all humans should be treated equal... except of course crackheads, criminals, pedofiles and politicians.




OK, my blood pressure is high enough, time for me to get off the toilet and get to work.

1 comment:

Conquer said...

Exellent in-depth analysis of the mascot mayhem!
Thanks for you comments on "Miga-chu, I choose you!"