Wednesday, December 5, 2007

'tis the season for crap on your lawn

There is something about this time of year which brings a nice warm feeling in the stomach, on the other side of the coin there is also this sickening feeling caused when the truly tasteless decide to get involved in their own white trash way.

I'm talking about that subclass in society who feel blow up shit from Walmart counts as festive decorations when splattered across their lawn in some meaningless design. I'm not saying I have a problem with Christmas decorations as a whole, in fact there are quite a number of beautiful displays. The problem arises when societal trash get into the game.

Living in North Delta, I have a number of neighbours who have exactly that problem. It seems to get worse with every passing year as the chinese market expands into blow up christmas lawn shit. It is almost like they take some sort of perverse pride in junking up the neighbourhood with their collection of mis-matched polypropaline christmas crap. Now instead of placing their newly found ornaments with some level of pride and forthought, they just plop it on some random empty spot of dead weed infested lawn.

I think I will drive around taking some pictures to post on here. perhaps the owners of these autrocities will get a shot of realization as they see the shit they subject the neighbourhood to from different eyes. Doubt it though.

1 comment:

Russ R said...

I feel your pain, I truly do.