Thursday, April 10, 2008

Recycling and union workers

OK, this just picks my ass. Everyone is talking about recycling and how we need to do it to save the earth. So why is it then when I put a cardboard box full of broken down cardboard boxes, the asshole from Remple Disposal in Delta BC decides to dump the box into his truck and then throw the original box which was holding the other boxes back on my fucking lawn? It isn't like this box of cardboard would have taken up any less space in his truck if it was broken down... After all, it was just surrounding other boxes. This is not the first time these monkeys' have done something similar. Another bitch I have with regard to Remple Disposal of Delta BC is how they seem to throw recycle bins and or garbage cans into the middle of the road where they get run over (Creates more needless waste).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in The Woodlands, Texas and the trash/recycle people do the same thing here. I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop my car in the middle of the street to get out and move the trash can that was so stupidly left in the middle of my driveway thus preventing me from pulling in. I think such workers just have it out for anyone that is better of than they are.

HTBW said...

Thanks for your comment, Amazing how many hits that Polygamist article has brought to my blog. I'm glad you looked around.

I don't think the whole social status thing has all too much to do with it, especially here where trash collectors (AKA Sanitation engineers) get paid upwards of 20 bucks per hour. Damn unions are the downfall of this society.

The good news is, my rant got some action and the city came back to pick up the trash.