Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Business of being a "Minority"

This morning, Google Search trends seemed to be filled with searches for BARACK THE MAGIC NEGRO I guess somebody in the Black Community decided to re-write the Puff The Magic Dragon song. Personally, I thought it was quite funny. Being a honkey, I'm sure there are those who would call me racist for laughing at the humour, even though it was created by a Black person (Am I even allowed to say that.)

I guess what picks my ass more than a little is how a certain segment of society feels it is important to separate themselves out of the "Majority" and call themselves a "Minority." This is not limited to just the African American, the Native Indians have done it, as have the Jewish culture. Shit, some will even say Obama, himself, used his "Minority status" to get elected in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means being a racist (Sad I even have to say that.) I am simply pointing out the term "Minority" now has a measurable financial benefit. By being a "Minority" individuals have access to programs such as Affirmative Action, extra labour law protection as well as the ability to pull at the heart strings of the always guilty "Majority".

Of course the Honkey's or Heterosexuals are not allowed to distinguish themselves with elitist programs and parades like the "White Person College Fund" or the "Not Gay Pride Parade"... That would be racist and Gay bashing. But of course "Minorities" having similar elitist events and programs is just considered "Supporting the Community" and "Standing up for their Rights."

I'm all for equality under law and society, however it seems the business of "minorities" would rather have it the other way around. Take for example this whole "Obama is not Black" thang. By pointing out he is not "One of them" the African American Community is able to continue the business of being "Down-trodden" after all, without "Minority" status, there would be no special treatment.

So go ahead, call me a Cracker, call me a racist honkey.... If that makes you feel better.

To see the OBAMA THE MAGIC NEGRO Video and for the LYRICS FOR BARACK THE MAGIC NEGRO Check out http://soyawannaknow.blogspot.com/2008/12/barack-magic-negro.html

No comments: