Sunday, December 28, 2008

Delta Cares?? - A Bureaucratic Lack of Initiative

Further to my earlier commentary on the damn snow and living in the "sticks" of Delta BC. It appears the requests of the neighbourhood have come upon deaf ears within the Corporation of Delta. Consequently, our worst fear has come true. Tonight as an Ambulance responded to an emergency call they got stuck. Yes, the very vehicle which is intended to save lives was hindered by the municipalities refusal to allocate enough money to a snow removal budget. I feel for the hardworking Paramedics and other Emergency Personnel whose tireless efforts are hindered by the stupidity of the local Bureaucrats. As we were out there helping the paramedics and firemen try to free the Ambulance, one of the paramedics mentioned this was not the first time they had been stuck in North Delta this evening. Hopefully the girl in the Ambulance is ok, but if it was me, I would be suing the Corporation. I have included a couple of video's of the event so those responsible could see the results of their actions (or lack thereof.) The length was cut short as I needed to grab my shovel and help. I thought it was important to document at least a little bit of the event.










Looking at the road conditions in the area, I am seriously wondering if the Lower Mainland (Particularly Delta) will be able to handle keeping the roads clear during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

9:18 PM PST There is a second Video, however I was having troubles uploading it. you can find it at http://www.htbwmedia.com/mvi_0366.AVI at this point I am still uploading it to my website server I will then try to send it to Blogger.

Media can download and have free use of the Video's. The unedited video's can be downloaded in AVI format here - All I ask is that you credit www.htbwmedia.com

Short Clip Above shows firemen running to assist ambulance
http://www.htbwmedia.com/mvi_0365.AVI

Longer clip showing neighbours, paramedics and firemen trying to free the ambulance as its' wheels spin
http://www.htbwmedia.com/mvi_0366.AVI

No comments: